If you have a pet, there is an excellent possibility for fleas control. Nobody wants these unwanted fleas house guests – they annoy your pet and infest your home. Flea control
tips and requires time and some work, but it’s unquestionably worth the effort if you are dealing with the dilemma.
- First, take the necessary measures to get rid of the fleas on your pet. Pets are usually the source of a home flea infestation, as these insects tend to hitch a ride on a warm-blooded animal.
- Clean areas that your pet occupies regularly. These locations are more likely to have fleas, eggs, larvae, and pupae. Make sure you clean the basement and garage floors as well.
- Vacuum carpets often, as this not only prevents an infestation but can also get rid of a large amount of the critters if you already have a problem.
- Flea control treats carpet once a year. They will last for 12 months and work well without causing any harm to pets or people.
- If you’re anxious about an infestation, apply an insecticide to carpets, such as micro-encapsulated pyrethrins, as many times as applicable. But be careful. Families with small children may want to stay away from a chemical solution.
More Flea Control Tips
- If you use chemicals, also apply a growth regulator that will break the flea’s life cycle.
- If you can’t seem to flea control on your own, call in the flea control professionals. They will know how to deal with this flea control problem safely and effectively.
- In summer, fleas are the most active. If you begin flea control prevention in the spring, you’ll achieve better results.
- It is more important to be concerned about flea eggs than adults. Eggs can be planted almost anywhere and are more challenging to wipe out.
- Control fleas outside of your home too. No matter how clean you are inside the house, if there are many fleas outside, you will always have to take care of them inside.
- Read the label before using chemicals to flea control tips Auckland at all times. With kids and pets, these solutions aren’t always the best option.
To understand flea control’s complex issue, you must learn something about the flea’s life cycle.
What can I do to get the fleas off my pet?
Effective flea control must rid the dog fleas, and it must free the dog’s fleas environment. In case your dog remains indoors, and you do not have other pets that come in from the outside, environmental control is relatively an easy task. However, the dog that goes outdoors or stays outdoors presents a considerable challenge. It may be impossible to completely rid the environment of fleas under these circumstances, though flea control tips guide should still have endeavoured. When the dog is free-roaming, or other animals are allowed access to the dog’s garden, the task of flea control becomes even easier said than done.
What can I do for my pet?
It is always imperative to treat your pet for fleas all year round and do all the household animals. There is a variety of flea control preventative products on the market. When talking to flea control tips experts, they will best suit your pet and budget with the right product. Most products are used only every month for your convenience. They are topical or oral. Products strongly recommended are Advantage, Revolution Advantix, Frontline, and Comfortis.
For more pest flea control help, phone 0800 199-399, or email Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry flea control services.